So much is going on that it’s crazy to keep it all together. Client work, volunteer work and here I go taking on a new project with #PapiDaddy.
But fear not! for I have an update on things, this will be very quick because the real site update coming up on the 31st will blow your mind.
The update is so comprehensive I’m getting flashbacks of working in corporate America. You know those painstakingly detailed reports your boss asks for sometimes?
Yeah that’s what my first income report looks like. The sad part is that I’ve got just under 2 weeks to generate some revenue so the income report doesn’t show a negative number!
But that is why I’m putting this Status update together. I had added way too much information to the Income report. I’m going to try to do a weekly or bi-weekly update and then the income report at the end of the month.
Both of these type of posts will go into the #TeamPapiDaddy category.
So here are some notable things I’ve worked on the site for the past few weeks.
Initial round of advertising products are live and ready for purchase.
I think I’ve settled on the plugins I’ll be using and the ones that I need for now. Most of them are fully configured and rocking their roles. I’m almost satisfied with the front page layout; it’s fine the way it is for now but I’m sure I’ll be adjusting it over the next few weeks. If you want to see a list of plugins I use and recommend, visit the Resources section.
In the blogging front, this has been almost my most prolific project relatively speaking. I became intrigued as I developed the site to find out what factors really matter in generating revenue. Here’s a short list of my published posts up todate.
- Activities Day Planning – bouncing ideas for a group playdate with some fun activities for the kids.
- Democratic Schools, Ever heard of Them? – Exploring the A.S. Neill democratic schooling philosophy and principles.
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk – Titled after a new book I picked up about communicating with children. Recommended reading after learning about Summerhill.
- Eczema Problems, we’re Trying Goat’s Milk. – Claire has eczema and we are hesitant to put her on steroids cream, we’re trying some alternatives first.
- Messy Fun Food Time with Watermelon – Just a quick post about one of our food morning adventures.
- Mindshare is Money and the Money is In The List – I feel like I make a strong case for everyone that is starting anything online, be a hobby, a business, a project, to create and nurture an email list.
- Work at Home Parents, You’re Not Alone – Trying to encourage you and other parents to realize that we aren’t alone, even when we feel like it as entrepreneurs.
- The Weight Loss Journey Continues! – A little bit of an update on a weight loss challenge I’m doing. My ultimate goal is 45lbs by the end of the year. More after, come follow along…
- Can I have your Thoughs on my New Logo? – Came up with a basic logo for now so I can move on to other aspects of the site’s design. Do you like it? Feedback welcome!
- Siteground Hosting Support Experience – A little story about the first time I had to contact Siteground for support. You may be as surprised as I was when you read how it all went.
This status update makes 11 posts. So in just under 30 days, this is what has happened. Launched the site (soft launch), edited some of the themes, adjusted the layout and have produced 10 blogposts. Also have added some revenue opportunities and working on further developing the whole thing.
I also have 4 or 5 drafts at 70% completion so those will start coming out tomorrow. Covering more parenting adventures, some of my weight loss updates and other WAH adventures, but the most exciting part about next week will be producing tutorials. I’m going to try to go in order.
The first tutorials I’ll be working on will be for the Mindshare & Money post. You’ll see the tutorials listed at the bottom of that post if you want to know what’s coming.
Clearly I’ll be blogging a lot but I wanted to be able to measure that. So not only am I keeping track of how many blogposts and how many words are in each one, but I found a cool little plugin that gives me global statistics about how many words I’ve written globally on the site, you can see those live stats on the front page on the right hand side.
As of the time of this writing, I am at about 11,000 words. I don’t mean to say that the quantity of words you put out automatically means you’ll make a matching amount of money. But I know that if I explain things thoroughly and completely my blogposts will be long so in my case quality comes with quantity so it’s good to keep an eye on it.
And even if it’s all just baloney I think it’s a neat thing to keep track of. I think that’s about enough for a quick status update. Don’t forget to subscribe to get updates on the latest blogposts, tutorials and new adventures. Look forward to hearing back from you!